Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Angelina Jolie thought Tomb Raider character was about brawn and bre*sts before accepting the role

Angelina Jolie was a bit skeptical before accepted the role for Lara Croft. She explained,  "I thought it was the craziest thing I ever heard. I mean, I was flattered, but I thought it was ridiculous. I don't like video games. My ex husband (Trainspotting(1996)'s Jonny Lee Miller) used to play 'Tomb Raider. ' I would walk by him and say, 'Oh, look at her bre*asts. '"



"But then I met with the director and he told me it wouldn't be campy or stupid. I realized it was a real movie with a solid character."

It wasn't easy for her to build muscle. She explained, "Getting some solid muscle mass wasn't easy".

"It was two and a half months of tough training. I had just wrapped a period piece (August's Original Sin (2000)) and I was drinking wine and smoking cigarettes and having a great time."

"Then I got to the 'Tomb Raider' set and the great adventure began. They had me on bunjis. I'm dog sledding. They had me up at seven each morning and handed me a protein shake. Suddenly, a nutritionist was giving me five meals a day." 

"But you had to do these things to maintain your energy. And I liked the intense training because there is only one way to do something and for me it's in extremes."


No comments:

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead"

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead". She acted as Hannah, a smoke jumper still r...