Thursday, April 13, 2023

Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder were not close eventhough they acted in same movie, Girl, Interrupted

Angelina Jolie won her first Academy Award for this movie, "Girl, Interrupted".


Winona Ryder was initially offered for Angelina Jolie's character Lisa but she rejected, saying, "At one point they asked if I wanted to play Lisa and I said, 'No, I want to be Susanna.'" 

"There was no resentment. When it came out, people almost felt bad for me. But I expected it all along. I was really happy with the film and really proud of it." 

"At the time I worked with her, she was battling her looks because she's so beautiful. She wanted very much to be taken seriously and not just judged on her looks. And she conquered that."

Ryder was not happy because of Jolie's coldness towards her. Ryder explained, "I remember thinking, 'Oh we're going to turn out to be great friends."

"But I think she needed to be able to look at me just as the character Susanna, not as Winona, so in a very respectful way she just kind of kept her distance." 



No comments:

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead"

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead". She acted as Hannah, a smoke jumper still r...