Friday, October 27, 2023

Angelina Jolie's bodyguard shared why he quit after 18 months

Mark 'Billy' Billingham work as bodyguard when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were together, back in 2015. 

But he quit after working for only 18 months. 

He was serving with  British Special Air Service (SAS) for 27 years prior to that.

Billingham explained on how it was hard to be their bodyguard, "Angie and Brad are very worried about who goes near their children. It was clear from the start we had great chemistry and they trusted me with the kids".

"Angie was filming in a crowd and everyone's got smiles on their faces except for one guy. He looked angry." he explained, "A few days later we were coming off set and this guy came running down the roads with photos to be signed."

"Jolie wanted to get out of the vehicle, but Billingham denied her".

“I went and got the photos and took them to her. She was like, ‘Wow, these are personal photos.'"

"He'd been following Angie all over the States. To me, it was a John Lennon classic. Whenever she was on her own in pictures, he was smiling; then whenever she was with Brad, he had this angry look on his face." 

“It’s not so much about the physical side, but more about the social side".

“I had to make sure their image was protected, that they were dressed properly and not doing silly things that could be caught on camera.”

“I found it crazy when they would ask me questions like, ‘How do I go down to that bar?’ and ‘What do I need to do to get there?’".

“They’re not stupid, but because of the world they live in they just haven’t done something like that for so long. I found that weird".

He did enjoy his work but he was away from his own children that cause him to resign.

"I never had a private life. I was exhausted. I lost direction in my own family life."

No comments:

Angelina Jolie wants to act in Korean movie

Angelina Jolie wants to act in Korean movie. She told this during a virtual press conference with Korean media (2021), "I think it wou...