Monday, March 11, 2024

Angelina Jolie designed Suleika Jaouad’s Oscars Dress

Angelina Jolie designed Suleika Jaouad’s Oscars Dress under her new fashion label Atelier Jolie. Suleika's dress is 100 percent silk fabric.

Jolie tells Vogue, “I have such deep admiration for Suleika and the way she lives her life—how she meets difficulty with strength and grace".

"[She’s a] brilliant creative force who inspires everyone who knows her. I would have dressed her for anything she needed; It should never be about the dress, but how anything worn feels like an extension of the person.”

“I wanted a look inspired by Suleika’s creativity and her love. She is a painter, and so it felt right to have her gown used as a canvas.” 

To create this, Jolie teamed up with American artist Chaz Guest. Jolie explained, “Chaz and I have known each other for years, and I knew he would approach this with the dedication and intention needed to feel right".

Guest was nervous when he started drawing on the dress because he was not familiar with painting on silk. Rather, he was used to drawing on canvas.

He shared his moment, “I was not familiar with painting on silk, and I was nervous because I didn't want to mess up. But I put on Jon's music, and didn't think, and went with the full inspiration and moved as fast as I could.”

No comments:

The Expendables director Simon West wanted to have some tough action ladies including Angelina Jolie in The Expendables 3

The Expendables director Simon West wanted to have some tough action ladies including Angelina Jolie in The Expendables 3. He told reporter...