Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Angelina Jolie didn't like her own voice in Shark Tale

Angelina Jolie was the voice behind Lola in Shark Tale.


In an interview, she revealed that she was given the chance to choose which fish she wanted to potray, "When I was invited in to meet with [the producers] of 'Shark Tale,' they brought me into this room and there were all these different pictures of fish".

"And they were going to explain to me which fish was what they wanted me to do, and I kind of looked around and I saw this fish that I could see Will [Smith] doing. And then I saw this fish with this big red mouth and pointy eyebrows and I thought, 'They can talk as long as they want. I know I'm that fish.' That was my fish."

She joked, "My mom actually said, 'I don't know why you're the bad fish, you're a good person".

Jolie didn't like her own voice and wanted to change. "I hate my own voice. Like most people, I listen to myself on a phone or on an answering machine and think, 'Ugh.' So the first time I did it I came in trying to make [different] voices. I felt safer changing my voice, but they didn't let me. They wanted it to just be my voice."

No comments:

The Expendables director Simon West wanted to have some tough action ladies including Angelina Jolie in The Expendables 3

The Expendables director Simon West wanted to have some tough action ladies including Angelina Jolie in The Expendables 3. He told reporter...