Saturday, January 27, 2024

Angelina Jolie uses music as her medicine

Angelina Jolie is deeply influenced by music that she has to be careful of what she listens to.

She explained, "But if I hear a piece of music I will actually be moved towards it. If it's very deeply sad I might become more melancholy. If it has a great energy and rhythm and drums behind it, I might feel that extra bit of fight and fire in the day. So I have to be very careful what I put on because I know this about myself."

Classical musics makes her calm. Jolie tells why, "I need classical music because I move too fast. There's too much going on all at once and I think that much in my head is quite loud." 

"It's the complexity of it that I think can keep your mind engaged and helps like a meditation to focus you and spark your mind. Because it has that complexity that makes you think in a different way".

"So I use it. But I use it like medicine when I need to be prescribed a certain tone or a certain influence."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree! Music has never failed me.

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead"

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead". She acted as Hannah, a smoke jumper still r...