Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Salma Hayek felt so free as an actress under Angelina Jolie's direction

Angelina Jolie interviewed Salma Hayek for The Cut magazine, where Salma shared that she felt “so free” as an actress working under Jolie’s direction.

Salma shared, "I don’t think I could have done it with anyone else. I’ve never felt so free in my life as an actress. You gave me everything I ever needed. I was spoiled by the process. My co-star, Demián Bichir, felt the same way. This was also the first time that I was given the choice of the actor I played opposite — the first time I was involved or consulted or asked about it. And I didn’t even ask for it."

Jolie responded, "That’s crazy considering your career and your life. Also, it’s not about having the power to be consulted; it’s that when things are so intimate, it’s really important that the actors have at least a say as to why they might connect to someone else."

No comments:

Angelina Jolie and her daughter, Zahara attended screening of Without Blood

Angelina Jolie and her daughter, Zahara attended screening of Without Blood at Village East Cinema in New York City. Zahara wore a black ha...