Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Angelina Jolie turned down the role for Charlie's Angels

Angelina Jolie turned down the role for Charlie's Angels. She has her own reasons. She was told that taking this role will make her a big star but she was already a famous actress that time. 

She explained, “When [Columbia Pictures] sent me the script for Charlie’s Angels, they said there were three reasons I should do it. They said there hadn’t been really good, strong roles for women; that it would make me a big star; and that I would have a fun time doing it.”

“All my roles so far in Gia, Wallace, Playing By Heart and The Bone Collector have been strong female roles. The idea of being a big STAR has absolutely NO APPEAL to me".

“Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz are already celebrities and they’re going to have great fun spoofing their images with Charlie’s Angels. I’m not at that point in my career, so audiences won’t have as much fun watching me run around in high heels chasing bad guys and flipping my hair".



No comments:

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead"

Angelina Jolie doesn't mind getting gritty in the movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead". She acted as Hannah, a smoke jumper still r...