Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Angelina Jolie initially didn't want to act as Gia Carangi in Gia because of their similarities

Angelina Jolie initially didn't want to act in Gia because of their similarities. She explained in one of the issue in Entertainment Weekly, "Gia has enough similarities to me that I figured this would either be a purge of all my demons, or it was gonna really mess with me".


"I hate heroin because I have been fascinated with it. I’m not immune, but I won’t do it now, at all, because luckily I’ve found something that replaces that high, which is my work."

Gia was based on real-life Gia Carangi, who died in 1986 at the age of 26 due to  AIDS-related complications.

Gia was drug user as well as Jolie when she was young. Gia was a model and Jolie was also a model, who being told to lose weight eventhough she was already thin.

Gia's mother had extramarital affairs while Jolie's father too was having affairs when Jolie's late mother was with him.

Both may have similarities but Jolie had turned 360 and having a healthy lifestyle and doing humanitarian work.



No comments:

Angelina Jolie went shopping for plants with her son, Knox Jolie-Pitt

Angelina Jolie went shopping for plants with her son, Knox Jolie-Pitt. She wore a white sundress with a pair of sandals. As usual, she wore...