Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Angelina Jolie talk to Bibi Aisha, who was abused by her husband and appeared on cover of TIME in 2010

Angelina Jolie talk to Bibi Aisha, who was abused by her husband and appeared on cover of TIME in 2010.


 

























Bibi was forced marriage to a Taliban fighter by her father to pay a debt. Her husband's family abused her and she was forced to sleep in the stable with animals.

When she tried to run away, she was caught and her husband cut her nose and ears. She was left to die in mountains but she survived and was rescued by American military base.

She appeared on Time Magazine in 2010 and make headlines. She went for 31 surgeries as result from her mutilation.


 



















She told Angelina that she wants to become a nurse so that she can 'help people;, saying, 'This is my goal. I want to become a nurse to help people. I’ve had 31 surgeries, which means I have a lot of experience in the medical world. I want to help people who are hurting and say to them, if I could get through my darkest hours, you can.'

Source

No comments:

Angelina Jolie went shopping for plants with her son, Knox Jolie-Pitt

Angelina Jolie went shopping for plants with her son, Knox Jolie-Pitt. She wore a white sundress with a pair of sandals. As usual, she wore...