Sunday, June 23, 2024

The Nanny actress Fran Drescher praised Angelina Jolie for her double mastectomy

The Nanny actress Fran Drescher praised Angelina Jolie for her double mastectomy.

Fran said of Angelina Jolie, "I think she's a warrior goddess. I think she is great".

Fran is a uterine cancer survivor herself. She continue, "I think she made a decision that seemed right for her, and there is no right or wrong, there's just the decision you make and whatever decision you make, you never look back".

"The more women who do that the better. When you turn pain into purpose it helps to make sense out of the senseless, and because she lost her mother to ovarian cancer...I think this is something she kind of needed to do and more power to her. The more women that can speak publicly about it, the more women will become educated and knowledge is power."

Angelina Jolie had double mastectomy after she discovered that she has the BRCA1 gene, which make her high risk of developing breast and ovarian cancer.

She wrote in New York Times op-ed (2013), "My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in each woman".

"Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much as I could."


No comments:

Angelina Jolie has dropped her legal battle against FBI over Brad Pitt abuse case

Angelina Jolie has dropped her legal battle against FBI over Brad Pitt abuse case on Wednesday, Sept. 25.  In the legal documents, Jolie cl...