Monday, May 6, 2024

Angelina Jolie talks about feminism

Angelina Jolie talks about feminism.

“I do believe in feminism. It’s about equal rights for men and women… I just think it’s unnecessary to label yourself something else.” 

She continues, "I think there is a double standard with women. If a man is muscled, he is sexy; if a woman has the same muscles, she is a man".

Many times you find that women are not as empored as men because of how they feel about themselves and other people feel about them. I’m hoping we can change this… The more we empower young girls, and educate and teach boys to respect women, the better our world will be.”

“I used to be scared of words like ‘feminism, ‘strong woman,’ and ‘independence.’ But I’m not anymore. Those are qualities I admire because I think everyone should be independent… I don’t see how a strong woman is going to hurt the strength of another man. In fact, I think [that] if a man can deal with a strong woman by his side, then he’ll be better… I’ve been really lucky that I’ve had great female role models in my life.”

“I think the most important thing is to support each other. We all have so much creativity and strength inside of us. I hope we can continue to inspire each other and raise each other up, as opposed to putting each other down… As women we must seek opportunities; we must ask for jobs; we must pursue our passions and sometimes we must say no. We can’t do it all, but we can absolutely do anything we want to do.”

No comments:

Brad Pitt's girlfriend Ines de Ramon wants to help him to make peace with Angelina Jolie

Both Brad Pitt and Ines are going strong. They started dating since 2022. But she doesn't like conflict or negativity and she hopes that...