Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Angelina Jolie and Octavia Spencer co-hosted a fundraiser event

Angelina Jolie and Octavia Spencer co-hosted a fundraiser event. The event known as Stay Gold Project, and City Year is to broaden young people’s access to live theater.

Spencer said, "My job as an actor is to listen. And I realize it applies to everything in life. Most specifically, with the work that we do with City Year, in listening and watching our AmeriCorps members and how they work with the students. I think it’s important that we don’t assume we know what the students need; we ask and we listen."

Then Jolie tells, "I didn’t have this program; I would have loved it. Instead, she “had people making me feel like I wasn’t smart, because I was a bit wild or I was a bit difficult. So maybe I was one of those kids. I couldn’t have been the intelligent one. I couldn’t have been the one that could organize or direct. Maybe I’ll be the crazy artist over there, or the wild one."

No comments:

Angelina Jolie and Octavia Spencer co-hosted a fundraiser event

Angelina Jolie and Octavia Spencer co-hosted a fundraiser event. The event known as Stay Gold Project, and City Year is to broaden young pe...