Saturday, December 15, 2012

The writer behind Brad Pitt's Chanel No. 5 advertisement

GQ's "The Style Guy" columnist and seasoned magazine editor Glenn O'Brien wrote for Brad Pitt's Chanel No. 5 commercial

The Cut asked O'Brien about the ads.

I heard you wrote the copy for the new Brad Pitt Chanel No. 5 commercial. What was that was like?

Yeah. We shot it in London, and it was directed by Joe Wright, who is fantastic, so for me it was not only a thrill to have Brad Pitt saying words I wrote, but also to work with Joe. Brad’s got a good sense of humor. Whenever you do a commercial with a script, you do a lot of takes, and Brad would do takes imitating Marlon Brando or Dennis Hopper.

What did you think of people making fun of it?

I’ve done quite a few ads that have been parodied, and you always know you’ve really got it made when that happens. I did this campaign for Calvin Klein with Steven Meisel years ago that was considered to be very risqué, and President Clinton spoke out against it, but then we were parodied by Beavis and Butt-Head. And to me, that was the highest complimen

Source

No comments:

Angelina Jolie thinks Eternals co-star Barry Keoghan is intelligent

Angelina Jolie thinks Eternals co-star Barry Keoghan is intelligent (2021) . She tells, “Barry is great. He’s great and I’m very excited fo...