Thursday, February 5, 2009

Angelina Jolie seek help from Thailand's government to give freedom to Burmese refugees

Angelina Jolie picture
Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie's work is never ending. Despite of having her own acting career and taking care of so many children, she has time to spare for humanitarian. She asked Thailand's government to give more freedom to tens of thousands of Burmese refugees it has kept locked inside camps for more than 20 years.She was in Thailand's Ban Mai Nai Soi refugee center on Wednesday.

She said this in a statement "I was saddened to meet a 21-year-old woman who was born in a refugee camp, who has never even been out of the camp and is now raising her own child in a camp."

Source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear all,
My name is Gift, who lives in Thailand and loves my own country.
I'm not super star in Hollywood, not on the top management level, not rich and not good in English.
I want to talk about Angelina Jolie's complaint of Rohingya boat.
Now, have lots of people move to U.S. or any rich country, to improve their live, better and rich.
That's why when we go to apply visa to visit US, It's very hard to get it.
Why???, because they don't allow Thais or people from any country to stay at their place.
After I know that Angelina Jolie has spoken out on behalf of Rohingya boat people arriving in Thailand...
I don't know, how or why she thinks like that or she didn't think anything just feel upset to Rohingya.
For assume case, you have your own house and have a 100 people ask u to stay in your house.
Jolie, you will be welcome them? If you are welcome and they invite their friends to stay at your place a 100 more, you will be accepting?
For my opinion, we should start to avert, do not solve problem.
Jolie, why don't you ask the country they came from instead ask any country to build accommodation for them?
I'm the one who used to impress her performance. But I'm not sure from now on.
I hope Thai government will have best plan for solve this case without any political of any country.
I don't want to have more refugees like at TAK province in Thailand anymore.
Please accept my apologist for this disturbed E-mail and sorry if you have the same idea with her.
GOD bless to you all, to Rohingya and Angelina Jolie.
Regards,
Gift

Justin Hoffman remember Angelina Jolie as thin, gawky looking girl with a mouthful of braces

Justin Hoffman remember Angelina Jolie as thin, gawky looking girl with a mouthful of braces when he first met her on the set of Hook. Ange...