Monday, March 12, 2007

Angelina Jolie was emotional at first by Refugee Work



When Angelina Jolie first work as a humanitarian ambassador for the United Nations,she was overwhelmed and emotional.

This is what she told Newsweek "The first two years I just cried constantly.I couldn't really talk about the situation without being emotional. And I went through a period of just complete lack of hope."

During her visit on Feburuary to the Oure Cassoni camp on the border between Darfur and Chad she bump into a disturbed 7-year-old boy whose family had tied him to a pole to stop him wandering away or banging himself. The boy had spent 48 hours hiding in the bush after his village was bombed.

Jolie told the magazine "I talked to him for like half an hour and just kind of looked at him for a long time before he touched me and there was a little boy in there who was open to a kind sound."

Source

No comments:

Angelina Jolie thinks Eternals co-star Barry Keoghan is intelligent

Angelina Jolie thinks Eternals co-star Barry Keoghan is intelligent (2021) . She tells, “Barry is great. He’s great and I’m very excited fo...